Ready for your next adventure?
We are Socialpoint, a world-renowned mobile games studio based in sunny Barcelona. Our games are positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, and they are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world. We are proud members of the Take-Two Interactive and Zynga family, and we are on a mission to offer a great gaming experience and bring fun to everyone!
As a member of the Zynga animation team, you will conceptualise and create stunning, intense, and impactful game VFX packages for a new in-development, major branded, mobile game title.
You will work closely with the Designers, Tech Artists, and Art Director, creating visual fx which are competitive in the mobile game industry, aid in the clear communication of gameplay, and excite and entertain the player. This Artist will be involved at both the conceptual level, planning effects to compliment requests from design, and at the execution level, creating assets, emitters, and implementing effects in-engine in Unity.
This role involves working as a team with other VFX artists. Our creative team is a thriving community of super talented, industry veteran artists, animators, and myriad other specialists who help bring the vision of our games to life at Zynga - we want to see if you have what it takes to join us in our journey!
- Work closely with the Art and Engineering teams to construct and implement particle systems, UV based animations, and shader VFX in Unity.
- Enforce optimal performance and efficiency of the game’s final visual assets
- Work with lead animator and concept artists to visually develop the look and feel of the game VFX.
- Work effectively to tackle any VFX and sorting-related bugs.
- Research and understand the style of the IP.
- Create materials/shaders to achieve unique styles and hit amazing visual quality.
- Aid and Inform in Creating, maintaining, and communicating VFX art guidelines and implementation techniques with other team members.
- Follow defined and optimized work flows.
- Our ideal candidate is a great communicator, teammate, and proactive problem solver. You draw from a range of skills to creatively determine solutions. You are a contributor of ideas, overseer of pipelines, and collaborator across subject area lines providing expertise and seeking out potential issues before they become proble
Required Experience & Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience with Unity and/or other engines.
- Intermediate skills with 3D modeling, rigging and UV texturing with professional 3D software such as Maya or ZBrush
- Understanding of optimizing 3D and 2D VFX assets for memory and performance considerations
- Intermediate skills creating high quality VFX particle systems in Unity
- Core Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Technical background in developing scripts, Photoshop actions, and other automation tools vital for art implementation and optimization
- Experience in game development, with shipped titles
- Experience with profiling tools
- Experience with version control software such as Perforce, Git
- Knowledge of platform specific development
- Capable of rapid visualization and able to effectively generate multiple rough storyboards to solve visual design problems.
- Experience in the construction and optimization of shader based systems.
- An understanding of the high and low res modeling 3D processes, with the ability to create clean and optimized topology fit for VFX purposes.
- Ability to use different texture & UV techniques, workflows and tools to hit a quality benchmark visually and technically.
- Understanding animation fundamentals (timing, rhythm, flow, and movement) when creating VFX.
- Working knowledge of Art Pipelines, Game Engines, Optimization, other game fields, rendering/lighting/materials/scene setu
Nice to have
- Experience in Mobile game development, particularly puzzle, character battler, and/or rpg genres
- Experience writing and modifying shaders
What's in it for you as a Socialpointer?
- Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we have employed a hybrid working from home/office system. So, what does this mean? All we ask is that you live within commuting distance of our office in Barcelona so you are able to come into the office for important meetings/events.
- Relocation support to help you move to Barcelona (if you’re not already here).
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays.
- A very generous ticket-restaurant to restore some life-points.
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, to keep your health bar full.
- Choose from the latest IOS or Android device upon joining (phone or tablet).
- Free language lessons (English & Spanish).
- Spotify Premium to add that special soundtrack that every adventure deserves.
- Legendary social events & parties to let off some steam.
- Players develop…Oops, sorry! People development is key for us: an amazing budget just for you to spend skilling up your abilities & knowledge to achieve real growth opportunities!
- Coming to work in the office? Don’t worry - we have you covered. Check out some of our onsite benefits:
- Want to stay in shape? We have state of the art gym facilities so you can level up your build stats.
- A massive gaming room equipped with all consoles and games you could ask for.
- Book an appointment with our onsite physiotherapist for your aches and pains.
- Drop by our onsite hairdressers for a trim (and forget your wallet; it's a Guild perk).
The list just goes on & on... so get your game on & apply now! Please click “apply” to level up and submit your application in English.
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time! We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.