Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 330 talented Socialpointers, based in sunny and cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, that are played and loved by over 50 million fans all over the world.
In 2017 we were acquired by Take Two Interactive (GTA, Bioshock, Red Dead Redemption, NBA, XCom...) and have been expanding our activities, creating exciting new opportunities for top people to join our teams.
About the role:
As a Central Technology Mobile Developer you will design and maintain shared client components used by different game projects. You will work in a cross-functional, close-knit team pushing forward our technology.
Our company has several launched games and a bunch of other ones in development at the same time, using different technologies and released in multiple platforms. We stronlgy believe that games teams need to focus on getting the best player experience and gameplay, that means that the technical aspects are maintained by the Central Tech department. This split model helps us with development speed and stability as game teams can rely in our high quality reusable components and avoid repeating common mistakes.
You will work as a senior mobile developer reporting to the mobile team lead and that includes the following responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain shared game components in a heterogeneous environment
- Plan projects and estimate tasks autonomously, communicate with stakeholders
- Support game teams with component integration & platform related issues
- Follow new developments and updates in related technology and mobile platforms
- Work closely with other central tech teams including backend, systems, analytics & tools
- Research never-seen-before problems and come up with original solutions
- Help improve our technical documentation and training resources
To get a better idea of the type of work, here's some examples of projects the team developed in the past:
- generic chat & friends component for Unity games
- preparing games to support iOS 14
- release Dragon City in the Microsoft Store
- generic tutorial component for Unity games
- support for running integration tests on Amazon Device Farm
- research Unity DOTs Entity Component System
- implement client-backend communication using gRPC
- improve performance of existing games
- prepare and present internal training on how to use OSA ScrollView
- update Marketing SDKs like IronSource & AppsFlyer
- At least 3 years of professional game development experience
- Good understanding of collaboration within a team of senior developers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Profound and disciplined programming skills, awareness of best practices and techniques used in games
- Solid understanding of mobile development (Android & iOS platforms)
- Strong skills in C# and experience using Unity3D
- Performance analysis and optimisation skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Knowledge of C++ and cocos2d-x are a plus
And also, you should be:
- Professional, passionate about creating video games, proactive, team worker, rigorous and detail oriented.
- You have strong opinions on maintaining high quality work, can defend them and open to receive and provide constructive feedback.
- You work fast, quickly get up to speed with existing code and can adapt to fast changing situations.
What we offer you:
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we are working remotely until further notice. However, this hasn’t stopped us from offering these great benefits!:
- You’ll get the newest and most powerful devices and equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays!
- Private medical insurance, just in case.
- Free Language Lessons.
- People development is key for us: an amazing training budget just for you and our internal mobility program offers real growth opportunities!
And when we return to the office later this year:
- Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus! Want to stay in shape? We have a brand new gym, football and basketball teams along with a fantastic physiotherapist.
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” so we get fresh fruit at the office every day!
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues.
- Drop by our hairdresser’s for a trim (and forget your wallet).
- If you are new to sunny Barcelona you can also join our Newbies Club: we offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork!
The list just goes on and on... so get your game on and apply now!
Do you want to level up? Press start.