Barcelona | Posted 07/06/2017
Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 300 talented SocialPointers, based in sunny and cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, that are played and loved by over 50 million fans all over the world.
Join us and help us make 2017 the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
What will you do in Social Point?
We have a new opportunity for a Data Scientist to join the Analytics team where you will work to further understand, retain, model, predict, segment and monetise Social Point"s customers, and help take Social Points analytical capabilities to the next level. You will be strong in quantitative analysis, statistics or mathematics, have strong programming skills and the ability to draw business insights that will add real value to Social Point.
You will need to demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and work in a fast pace and collaborative environment whilst communicating effectively with others in the organization, particularly the Game Teams.
- Working with Game Teams to provide insights into how our customers are playing the games. Reporting results directly to the Head of Analytics, the Product Owners of the Games, the CEOs and other C-level executives.
- Conducting predictive analytics to assist the Game Teams to forecast how users will behave to changes in the Games.
- Working with Analytics Data Lab team, the Game Teams to ensure our data is precisely specified, understood and consistent.
- Debugging and problem-solving to ensure delivery of accurate metrics, first time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in teams.
- Ability to work fast, whilst retaining accuracy in your output.
- Ability to plan and organise work unsupervised
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to operate sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations.
- A good understanding of business insight and how to communicate analytical results.
- An ability to turn analytical insight into actionable actions.
- Predictive analytics skills.
- An eye for detail, accuracy and elegance in reporting.
- Creative, highly meticulous, able to work under tight deadlines and are a team player.
- An interest in mobile games.
- Have a strong undergraduate degree in a quantitative subject area (such as Economics, Maths, Engineering or other such quantitative subject) from a leading university. (A postgraduate degree in economics or other such quantitative field would be a plus).
- Strong analytical skills in applied statistics or econometrics and prior experience in empirical analysis.
- Strong quantitative skills, including knowledge of spreadsheet and econometric or statistical software, such as SAS/Python/Stata/R/Matlab.
- Proven programming skills in SQL.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be passionate about data.
- Be agile working with data; including being proficient at obtaining, scrubbing, exploring, modelling and interpreting data. You will also be able to deal easily with SQL tables and views, files (such as CSVs, JSONS, XMLS) and web services.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and know how to express your views in a concise and coherent way. (Ability to communicate in Spanish would be a plus).
- You must be able to turn the results from analysis into actions that can be implemented.
You will count on all the resources you need for your work: the newest and most powerful devices & equipment and even a Spotify Premium account.
People development is key for us: Here you will have professional growth opportunities you have always dreamed of, supported by a performance review process, internal mobility and amazing training budgets.
We also care about our SocialPointers health, so we offer them a healthy Monday breakfast and a delicious daily lunch menu. Want to stay in shape? We have a brand new gym and football and basketball teams. Our physiotherapist can always help with your muscular problems!
Get to know your colleagues better in our monthly events! You can pay a visit our hairdresser to get ready ;)
If you are new in the city, you can join our Newbies Club! We offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork ;)
The list of advantages goes on and on. Join us to find out!
Working at Social Point
I extract and analyze data to obtain the kind of information that helps the company take fast and effective decisions. I chose Social Point because it was an awesome opportunity to work in Big Data in a young, innovative company with heaps of growth potential. What I love most about my job is the people. I work with great teams, and I learn a lot from them. My role means I am in touch with lots of different areas of the business.