Barcelona | Posted 07/19/2017
Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 250 talented SocialPointers, based in sunny and cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, that are played and loved by over 50 million fans all over the world.
Join us and help us make 2017 the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
What will you do in Social Point?
- Responsible for information organization, prioritization and navigation flow in the game your work on, reporting directly to project’s Lead Game Designer
- Benchmark competition and extracting key insights that apply to your game’s UX/UI
- Prepare mockups for features’ UX, gather feedback from users, and continuously improve existing flows
- Propose improvements to design that can simplify and improve UI/UX designs
- Research and propose artistic styles for UI according to project’s genre and audience
- Responsible for UI ingame implementation and its asset management and optimization
This is you:
- Passionate about games
- Fast iteration and user driven design mindsets
- Uncanny ability to abstract a design’s goal, distilling the most important information player needs to understand from it, group and sequence it into the simple flows
- Great art eye, with special focus on composition and color
- Proficient in technical implementation of assets and UI building (Unity or other SDK)
You also have:
- Extensive knowledge of the mobile gaming market and an extensive background as a gamer (mobile, but also PC, console, tabletop, pen and paper)
- At least 2 full release cycles on mobile free to play game
- 2+ years experience as UI or UX designer
As a SocialPointer you will enjoy...
You will count on all the resources you need for your work: the newest and most powerful devices & equipment and even a Spotify Premium account.
People development is key for us: Here you will have professional growth opportunities you have always dreamed of, supported by a performance review process, internal mobility and amazing training budgets.
We also care about our SocialPointers health, so we offer them a healthy Monday breakfast and a delicious daily lunch menu. Want to stay in shape? We have a brand new gym and football and basketball teams. Our physiotherapist can always help with your muscular problems!
Get to know your colleagues better in our monthly events! You can pay a visit our hairdresser to get ready ;)
If you are new in the city, you can join our Newbies Club! We offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork ;)
The list of advantages goes on and on. Join us to find out!
Do you want to level up? Press start.
Working at Social Point
The typical game designer really doesn’t exist - although maybe at a core level we all share a passion for gaming and a degree of creativity. Our work is to define the player experience. In social gaming, specfically, this involves detecting areas that need to be improved - in user experience or social interaction, for instance - and finding solutions.
I love being able to contribute my experience and ideas so we develop and grow as a team.