Barcelona, Spain | Posted 08/24/2017
What will you do in Social Point?
Within the Analytics department, you'll work with the DataLab Team. This team owns the ETL process as well as the tool that let every SocialPointer create metrics to query the games data. You will contribute to build the architecture that is currently able to handle 50K events per second, it’s 30TB of compressed data in size and processes more than 1000 different kpi every night per game. You will work closely to other awesome developers and data scientists to make SocialPoint’s BI tools and architecture the best along the industry.
You will be responsible for maintaining the ETL process along with its queries, create new KPI's code and help the DataLab with every problem facing data quality issues.
- Create SQL code that drives to new metrics.
- Maintain and improve the ETL process.
- Ensure the quality of the data the team outputs.
- Define which data we need to get from the game teams.
This is you
- Ability to work fast, whilst retaining accuracy in your output.
- Good understanding of business insight and how to communicate analytical results.
- Predictive analytics skills.
- Eye for detail, accuracy and elegance in reporting.
- Highly meticulous
- Team player.
- Passionate about data.
You also have
- SQL knowledge (strong knowledge is a plus).
- Know the insights of an ETL process (if you've ever built one is plus).
- Have a development background.
- Gaming KPI's.
Working at Social Point
I extract and analyze data to obtain the kind of information that helps the company take fast and effective decisions. I chose Social Point because it was an awesome opportunity to work in Big Data in a young, innovative company with heaps of growth potential. What I love most about my job is the people. I work with great teams, and I learn a lot from them. My role means I am in touch with lots of different areas of the business.