Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 300 talented SocialPointers, based in sunny and cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, played and loved by over 50 million fans all over the world.
Join us and help us make 2019 the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
What will you do at Social Point?
As part of the global Analytics Leadership team you will lead a team of Game Data Scientists, partnering with senior stakeholders and other Analytics leaders to shape and define our data strategy and help our product teams create amazing games.
You will lead data science activities to improve the monetization and retention of SocialPoint’s customers, perform analysis of business data and work with the Data Engineering team to define tools and systems that help share and use data with the product teams.
To truly make an impact you’ll need to learn quickly and work in a fast paced and collaborative environment, you’ll need to establish solid relationships with others in the organization, particularly the Directors of Product and Game VPs.
- Work with the Game VPs to plan and execute the analytics roadmap in their games
- Perform hands-on research, data exploration and analysis
- Manage and lead in-game data scientists, supporting their work and promoting professional excellence
- Team up with other Leaders to promote strategic wide scale projects on machine learning, behavioural segmentation and monetization
- A proven track record leading high performance teams in a dynamic, demanding environment.
- Significant experience applying analytics to answer business questions and mine for insights that drive value, preferably in a mobile B2C business.
- A strong undergraduate degree in a quantitative subject area (such as Economics, Math, Physics or Engineering) from a leading university. A postgraduate degree is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills in applied statistics or econometrics and prior experience in empirical analysis.
- Very strong SQL.
- Solid skills implementing data science models with Python, R or Matlab.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, experience presenting to business stakeholders.
- A passion for turning data into actionable insights.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English. Fluent Spanish is a plus.
- Solid skills visualizing findings with a front-end visualization tool like Tableau, Looker or Chartio.
- A natural leader, visionary and thorough. You are able to maintain a long term strategy while managing the day to day work in a dynamic, fast moving environment.
- Creative and innovative, always looking for better ways to achieve our goals.
- A fast learner, highly meticulous, a consummate professional. You bring value into any conversation you have.
- Pragmatic, you know how to balance short term and long term deliverables.
- A team player, you establish effective relationships to work with others for the win
- Able to operate sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relationships.
As a SocialPointer you will enjoy ...
First of all, we can offer you a challenging and fun role within a cool team!
Sounds like what other companies also say they have? Hold on, here’s what’s more:
- You’ll get the newest and most powerful devices and equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account.
- “Mens sana in corpore sano” is the Latin for “a healthy mind in a healthy body”. Our SocialPointers get a healthy Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus! Want to stay in shape? We have a brand new gym, football and basketball teams along with a fantastic physiotherapist.
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” so we get fresh fruit at the office every day but of course you also get a private medical insurance, just in case.
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues, drop by our hairdresser’s to get ready (and forget your wallet).
- People development is key for us: coupling an amazing training budget just for you and our internal mobility programs you get real growth opportunities!
- If you are new to sunny Barcelona you can also join our Newbies Club: we offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork!
The list just goes on and on... so get your game on and apply now!
Are you ready to level up?