We are a rapidly growing social game developer, with top ranked games on Mobile and Facebook. We have over 50 million fans playing our games all over the world.
There are about 350 of us creating super cool games in our offices, located 10 minutes from the beach, in beautiful sunny Barcelona.
Last year we were acquired by Take Two Interactive (GTA, Bioshock, XCom…) and have been expanding our activities, creating exciting new opportunities for top people to join our teams.
What you will do:
- Develop and Project Manage Localization Plans, including preproduction tasks, translation and LQA schedules for live titles/updates as well as new launch titles in development
- Work proactively with game teams, producers, designers and marketing partners to implement localization best practices, scheduling, risk and quality management. Represent localization in regular meetings with production teams, share minutes, track followup & action plans with all stakeholders as necessary
- Coordinate translation tasks & assignments for allocated projects, including batch generation from the internal localization tool, batch submissions to the TMS & translation vendor, deadline scheduling, quality management and importation of completed translations to the game text DBs
- Manage the creation and maintenance of documentation to track project deliverables, budget and quality, including project schedules, style guides, glossaries, localization testing plans, bug metrics, scopes & costs
- Partner with Translation Vendors on localization plan and execution, ensuring all required materials are available where applicable and all translator queries are addressed. Ensure game and marketing teams are receiving the translations in a correct and timely format to the best possible quality
- Partner with Localization QA Vendors on Localization QA Plan and execution ensuring testing scopes, cheats, appropriate checklists, tool access etc. are communicated and set up. Manage daily workflow, track progress and provide direct fixes from Localization tools to Dev (LQA text changes) as well as localization technical bugs to Dev JIRA instances. Ensure that LQA text changes are communicated to the Translation Vendor and TMs are updated
- Perform cost tracking and verification of vendor invoices, internal billing and reporting
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal teams (product, marketing, CS, QA) as well as external vendors
- Carry out internal native LQA and visual LQA on core languages where required on allocated projects
- Create project post mortems and follow through with action plans where required (for new projects after launch, for live projects through monthly reporting)
- Contribute to departmental improvements with selected focus on Vendor Management, Process Workflows and Technology
- Provide training support for new team members
What you should have:
- Degree level education or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of localization project management experience in a function (translation, LQA or both) that encompasses launch and live service localization for iOS and Android projects
- Passion for mobile games and experience working in games localization, preferably with experience in live services & continuous localization workflows
- Experience of maintaining localization quality in high volume, fast-paced LiveOps schedules
- Proven ability to manage external translation vendors and/or LQA vendors
- Solid working knowledge of translation & CAT tools, as well as content management systems
- Experience working in an internal or distributed localization environment and managing remote teams
- Ability to multitask and take on multiple projects simultaneously at different stages of development
- Ability to communicate in a clear, confident and concise manner both written and verbally
- Proactively identify risks, changes needed and execute solutions, with appropriate sense of urgency
- Applied knowledge of mobile game localization best practices across EU, LATAM and APAC languages
- Proficient with setting up and navigating through JIRA, Google Docs, Google Sheets/Excel, and localization tools
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised and maintain positive attitude, focus and strong team spirit
- Fluency in English and at least 1 additional language. Spanish proficiency a plus
What we offer you:
First of all, we can offer you a challenging and fun role within a cool team!
Sounds like what other companies also say they have? Hold on, here’s what’s more:
- You’ll get the newest and most powerful devices and equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account.
- “Mens sana in corpore sano” is the Latin for “a healthy mind in a healthy body”. Our SocialPointers get a healthy Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus! Want to stay in shape? We have a brand new gym, football and basketball teams along with a fantastic physiotherapist.
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” so we get fresh fruit at the office every day but of course you also get a private medical insurance, just in case.
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues, drop by our hairdresser’s to get ready (and forget your wallet).
- People development is key for us: coupling an amazing training budget just for you and our internal mobility programs you get real growth opportunities!
If you are new to sunny Barcelona you can also join our Newbies Club: we offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork!
The list just goes on and on... so get your game on and apply now!
Check out this video to see what it’s like to work with us:
Social Point is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.