Barcelona | Posted 05/25/2018
Senior Systems Engineer
We are a rapidly growing social games developer company, with top-ranked games on Mobile and Facebook. We have over 50 million fans playing our games all over the world.
There are about 350 of us creating super cool games in our offices, located 10 minutes from the beach in beautiful sunny Barcelona.
Last year we were acquired by Take-Two Interactive (GTA, Bioshock, XCom, …) and have been expanding our activities, creating exciting new opportunities for top people to join our teams.
About the role:
As a Senior Systems Engineer, your challenge at Social Point will be to design highly scalable and available systems to enable our other teams to create fun for our 6M Daily Active Users (+200K concurrent users), running on the AWS platform.
Our Systems Team loves to automate the infrastructure management, monitor every detail, believes in open source and likes deploying new technologies.
We will count on you to:
- Design and implement infrastructure and systems using configuration managers and container technologies.
- Automate the building of infrastructure in cloud environments and the deployment of our services using CI/CD pipelines.
- Monitor every component, analyze and improve the performance of the platform.
- Design and implement security policies, backup strategies, and highly available services.
- Diagnose problems, find bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and implement those fixes!
- Cross-department collaboration to meet the business needs.
You should have:
- +5 years of experience as a Systems Engineer for a high-performance internet company (+1M Daily Active Users).
- +2 years of experience managing infrastructure in cloud environments: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure. Preferably AWS (EC2, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, IAM, ...)
- Experience managing infrastructure with configuration managers: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, ... Preferably Puppet.
- Experience maintaining and deploying services in container technologies: Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience monitoring and logging systems and services: Nagios, Grafana, Prometheus, ELK.
- Advanced developing skills. Preferably Go and Python.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Facility to learn new technologies
- Fluent spoken and written English.
What’s in it for you?
First of all, we can offer you an exciting role in a cool team! Sounds like what other companies also say they have? Hold on, there is way more than just that!
- You’ll get the newest and most powerful devices and equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account.
- “Mens sana in corpore sano” is the Latin for “a healthy mind in a healthy body”. Our SocialPointers get a healthy Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus! Want to stay in shape? We have a brand new gym, football and basketball teams along with a fantastic physiotherapist.
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” so we get fresh fruit at the office every day but of course you also get a private medical insurance, just in case.
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues, drop by our hairdresser’s to get ready (and forget your wallet).
- People development is key for us: coupling an amazing training budget just for you and our internal mobility programs you get real growth opportunities!
- If you are new to sunny Barcelona you can also join our Newbies Club: we offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork!
- The list just goes on and on... so get your game on and apply now!
And take two (interactive) minutes to check out our video:
Working at Social Point
My team builds scaleable ands highly dependable IT infrastructures, whilst reducing both operational and infrastructure costs. As games grow and produce new features, the challenge is to grow these infrastructures and ensure that they remain stable and failsafe.
From a global perspective, it’s awesome to be part of a Barcelona-based company that is still relatively small but is making noise all around the world. From a more personal perspective, I am incredibly proud of our systems crew. Working with these guys is amazing.